Notice of Nondiscrimination
Appendix A Part 92-Notice Informing Individuals About Nondiscrimination & Accessibility Requirement and Nondiscrimination Statement:
Discrimination is Against the Law
Caraday Healthcare complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Caraday Healthcare does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
- If you need these services, contact Terri Bray, Executive Assistant/Office Manager.
If you believe that Caraday Healthcare has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with:
You can file a grievance in person or by mail, or email. If you need help filing a grievance, Terri Bray, is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office of Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
200 Independence Avenue SW, Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at https://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html