Our vision in everything we do is to convey a shared value of compassion, a commitment to excellence, open communications, motivation to be the best, and a sense of personal integrity. We are honored to care for our residents and share a passion to make their days enriching and fulfilling. It’s The Caraday Way!
Grandparent’s Day falls on September 10, 2023, and is a day for celebrating the connections between different generations.
The roots of Grandparent’s Day trace back to 1956 when a West Virginia mother organized a celebration to honor the many nursing home residents in her community. It was recognized a national holiday in 1978.
To continue the tradition in honoring our grandparents who bring joy and wisdom to our lives, here are some fun facts!
- There are over 70 million grandparents in the nation.
- Grandparents represent one-third of the population and lead 37% of all U.S. households in this country.
- Grandparents are generous! They make 45% of the nation’s cash contributions to nonprofit organizations.
- 72% think being a grandparent is the single most important role in their lives.
- Maya Angelou, Carol Burnett, Bill Clinton, Willie Nelson, Eric Clapton, and Oprah Winfrey are just a few famous faces who were raised by their grandparents.
- 6.2 million U.S. households are multigenerational.
- Grandparents are intellectually curious. 71% say reading is one of their favorite activities.
- Grandparent’s Day always falls on the Sunday after Labor Day.