10 Habits for a Happy and Healthy Life
Conscious or unconscious, habits shape how we live our lives. Some of these habits may be good and some may be bad—like that tendency to stress eat or indulge in some junk food. But, did you know that it can take as little as 18 days to form a new habit and just over two months for that habit to become automatic?
Out with the old and in with the new. Try forming these 10 healthy habits to feel great.
- Stay physically active.
- Find a group to stay socially active with in your community.
- Focus on prevention.
- Preventative care visits such as colonoscopies, stress tests, and health screenings for cholesterol levels are extremely important aspects of your personal health profile.
- Be informed on medication management.
- Review your medications with your doctor on a regular basis. Consider drug-drug interactions and make note of your symptoms after starting any new medications.
- Be kind to yourself.
- Some days are harder than others. Recognize when you need some time to yourself or to take a break.
- Eat healthy.
- Re-evaluate your plans
- Sometimes things work out and sometimes they don’t. Be flexible with your schedule and willing to change things around. Perhaps your plan to walk for an hour every day is too difficult, and you need to shorten it to 45 minutes and work your way up. Tweak your plans at the early stage but be persistent!
- Get proper sleep.
- Keep your brain active.
- Get regular dental, vision, and hearing checkups.